Palworld has over a hundred Pals for you to find. Still, you might be wondering how you can acquire even more of them as you go along. Here’s our guide on how to breed Pals in Palworld.
How to breed Pals in Palworld
You can breed Pals via the Breeding Farm structure. Here’s a quick summary:
- Any Pal can be bred with another regardless of species or element type.
- You do need at least one male and one female Pal as partners.
- Breeding the same type of Pal will result in a similar offspring. However, breeding Pals of different species or types can result in unexpected combinations.
- There are thousands of potential combinations when it comes to offspring. Even some of these Pals can’t be caught through regular exploration alone.
How to build the Breeding Farm
You need to unlock the Breeding Farm blueprint via the Technology menu at level 19. Then, you should gather 100x Wood, 20x Stone, and 50x Fiber to build it at your base. Note that the Breeding Farm is quite large, so you have to clear some space for it.
How to make Cake
The next step if you want to breed Pals in Palworld is to bake a Cake–or several cakes, rather. The Cakes should be placed inside the container outside the Breeding Farm’s fence. Each one that you place entices the two partner Pals to mate and create one egg.
Be forewarned, however, that baking a Cake does take some time. Here are the structures that you need to create Cakes in Palworld:
- Wheat Plantation (level 15 tech) – Requires 3x Wheat Seeds, 35x Wood, and 35x Stone.
- Mill (level 15 tech) – Requires 50x Wood and 50x Stone.
- Cooking Pot (level 17 tech) – Requires 20x Wood, 15x Ingots, and 3x Flame Organ.
Here are the necessary ingredients:
- 5x Flour – Plant crops via the Wheat Plantation so you can harvest Wheat. Then, place Wheat in the Mill to produce Flour.
- 8x Red Berries – Gathered from berry bushes or via the Berry Plantation.
- 7x Milk – Obtained from Mozzarinas.
- 8x Eggs – Obtained from Chikipis.
- 2x Honey – Obtained from Beegardes.
Note that you can also acquire Milk, Eggs, and Honey by capturing these Pals and placing them in your Ranch. Doing so provides a passive means of obtaining these resources. Alternatively, you can purchase them from a Wandering Merchant NPC.
How to select Pals for breeding
You’re one step closer to breeding Pals in Palworld. Let’s say you already have a Breeding Farm and some Cake. Here’s what you need to do next:
- As mentioned earlier, you just need one male and one female Pal for this whole process.
- Use the Palbox to reassign a Pal to your base. Then, as the creature spawns, press the “F” key to lift them.
- Next, carry the Pals to the Breeding Farm, then throw them to the haystacks.
- Place one Cake inside the container next to the fence.
- A short while later, you should notice that an egg has appeared. That means it’s time to incubate and hatch the egg so you can see what the two creatures produced as an offspring.
One more thing of note is that there seems to be a bug with Pal creature AI. There might be instances when Pals that are assigned to the Breeding Farm will attempt to run away or work on assignments in your base. If this occurs, just use the Palbox to respawn them, then carry them back to the Breeding Farm.
In any case, this is how you breed Pals in Palworld. With a bit of luck and experimentation, you might discover some rather surprising combinations.
Wide-open expanses, unique biomes, and even stranger creatures await you in Palworld. You can learn more about the game in our guides hub.