Milcery, the ice cream fairy-type, has returned in Pokemon Scarlet and Violet’s second DLC, The Indigo Disk. Milcery has a unique evolution method and has a variety of different forms they can take, depending on how you evolve them. Evolving them requires a specific held item, in addition to the unique method. Here’s where you can catch Milcery and how to evolve them into Alcremie.
Where to catch Milcery
Milcery can be found pretty much anywhere in the Polar Biome. They are pretty common throughout the entire region, with the only exception being the inside caves, where they appear less frequently.
How to evolve Milcery into Alcremie
To evolve Milcery into Alcremie, they need to be holding a specific item while in your party and then you must spin around in the game. There are multiple different items that it can hold, with each one impacting the decorations on its evolution. All of these items appear randomly in the Terarium as sparkling ground pickups. Those items are:
- Ribbon Sweet
- Strawberry Sweet
- Love Sweet
- Berry Sweet
- Clover Sweet
- Flower Sweet
- Star Sweet
Once you have given the Milcery one of the Sweet items to hold, you will need to spin your character around in the game to get them to evolve. However, there are multiple different color variations, depending on which direction you spin, for how long, and what time of day it is. For the time of day, all of them are based on the in-game day/night cycle, except for the Rainbow Swirl, which is based on the Switch’s clock. Here are all of the color variants:
- Vanilla Cream: Spin Clockwise for less than 5 seconds during the day
- Caramel Cream: Spin Clockwise for more than 5 seconds during the day
- Ruby Cream: Spin Counter-Clockwise for less than 5 seconds during the day
- Ruby Swirl: Spin Counter-Clockwise for more than 5 seconds during the day
- Matcha Cream: Spin Clockwise for less than 5 seconds at night
- Lemon Cream: Spin Clockwise for more than 5 seconds at night
- Salted Cream: Spin Counter-Clockwise for less than 5 seconds at night
- Mint Cream: Spin Counter-Clockwise for more than 5 seconds at night
- Rainbow Swirl: Spin for more than 10 seconds at “Dusk” – Between 7 PM and 7:59 PM
None of these changes affect the stats or moves of Alcremie, instead only changing their physical appearance.