There are gaming monitors, and then there are ultrawide gaming monitors. For anyone looking to maximize their screen real estate, one of the best (and widest) monitors in this category is on sale during Amazon Prime Day Round 2, as the excellent Samsung Odyssey G9 49-inch curved gaming monitor has dropped from its list price of $1,400 to a low $1,150.
Samsung Odyssey G9 49″ curved gaming monitor — $1,150 (was $1,400)
Samsung Odyssey G9 49″ Gaming Monitor
This particular model is the 49-inch version of the Odyssey G9, and it has several other nice numbers attached to its specs sheet as well. The QHD display boasts a 5120 x 1400p resolution with a 240Hz refresh rate and 1000R of curvature. It is Nvidia G-Sync and AMD FreeSync compatible.
And did we mention this monitor is huge? Because it’s really huge. This 32:9 aspect ration monitor gives you essentially the same screen real estate as a pair of 27-inch monitors. As such, getting a high-end ultrawide like this for only $1,1500 is a superb deal.
Provided that you have the PC gaming hardware to take advantage of this screen, there are a number of terrific games that look astonishing when played in ultrawide aspect ratios. Sony’s lineup of PlayStation ports are good examples here, as games like Marvel’s Spider-Man Remastered look spectacular on the QLED screen when you add in a wide stretch of Manhattan to swing through while clobbering criminals. It’s a unique option that delivers excellent visuals, but if you’re looking for something more affordable, there are a bunch of other (smaller) gaming monitors on sale during Prime Day as well.
Corsair, Acer, and Sceptre are just a few of the brands represented in this list below. You can find a great gaming monitor deal below, regardless of your budget.
- Acer Nitro 27-inch gaming monitor — $145 ($
- Corsair XENEON 27-inch OLED gaming monitor — $830 ($
- Corsair XENEON 32-inch gaming monitor — $630 ($
- Corsair XENEON 32-inch UHD gaming monitor — $750 ($
- Corsair XENEON 32-inch IPS UHD gaming monitor — $710 ($
- MSI 27-inch curved gaming monitor — $180 ($
- Sceptre 24-inch curved gaming monitor — $110 ($
- Sceptre 32-inch curved gaming monitor — $200 ($
- ViewSonic OMNI 27-inch gaming monitor — $136 ($
- Acer 31.5-inch curved gaming monitor — $200 ($
- Acer Nitro 27-inch gaming monitor — $230 ($
- Acer Nitro 31.5-inch gaming monitor — $150 ($